Wednesday, November 1, 2017

TCC81 Poinsettia Collage


Hi Friends!!


I was inspired by the beautiful red poinsettias as well as all of the gold and textures for my Mixed Media Classy and Elegant card. 

I decided to pair the Poinsettia Collage stamp (Our Daily Bread Designs) along with ODBD Christmas Collection 2013 6x6 Paper Pad for this quick card!  I chose to leave the sentiment off the front so, if desired, the recipient could display the card beyond the Christmas season :-)  Plus, I could not allow myself to cover any of the wonderful details of the ODBD Poinsettia Collage stamp!


If you have not had a chance to do so, I hope you will find the time to check out the rest of the wonderful Design Team cards at The Card Concept as well as the entries at the other challenge sites- fabulous inspiration from all!

To create this card:

1). Prepare a piece of white cardstock with an embossing powder tool, stamp the ODBD Poinsettia Collage image with Versamark™ ink, apply gold embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.  Once the embossing powder has cooled, color the image using a water brush with distress inks and markers.  Trim close to the edge of the image, mount onto espresso cardstock and trim again.


2). Trim a piece of the ODBD Christmas Collection 2013 6x6 Paper to 4” x 5 ¼”, mount onto a piece of espresso cardstock.  Mount the embossed image panel created in step #1 to the center and add the gold triple ribbon bow (wrapping the ends of the ribbon behind the card front).

3). Mount the entire card front onto a white card base and add a few pearls to the lower right hand corner.

4). Finish off the card by adding highlights to the center of the poinsettia with an extra fine white paint pen and shimmer to the petals with a clear glitter pen.

Stamp Sets:  Poinsettia Collage (Our Daily Bread Designs)

Ink/Mediums: Versamark™, Tim Holtz® Distress Ink- Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn; Stampin’ Write Markers- Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Lemon Lime Twist, Soft Suede; Sharpie® Extra Fine White Paint Pen, Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen

Cardstock/Paper: ODBD Christmas Collection 2013 6x6 Paper Pad; Stampin’ Up! Cardstock- Early Espresso, Whisper White

Accessories: AquaPainter™, Embossing Buddy®, Heat Tool, Gold Embossing Powder,  ½” Wired Gold Metallic Ribbon (from my stash), Pearls

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by!  I hope I have inspired you today and that you will be able to join us for the #81“Rich Holiday” Challenge at The Card Concept!

9 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

Hello Julie,
I am blown away by this beautiful card! You are so inspiring, dear friend! I love seeing your work and appreciate your explanations too. I love red and gold and you have rocked both with this design. Gorgeous!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautoful card thanks for sharing at agoac

Nicole Robinson said...

This is such a beautiful card!!

Jan Clothier said...

What an opulent and glorious creation! It's fabulous.

stampingbowd said...

Ahhh! I had to come over from SCS to see how you colored this image! It's gorgeous! I know that copics and embossing powder don't play together well so I was curious! I love coloring large images with watercolor. You did a splendid job!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow! Julie, there is so much to love about your card! The rich reds and golds and that embossed look make it look so regal! Gorgeous!
Take Care!
Michele

Vicki Finger said...

A simply stunning creation. I love watercolor and it's been far too long since I did any. You've inspired me to get mine out.

Ruth said...

The gold embossing really lifts this to the next level. What a glorious colour combination for Christmas, eh? My Mum always insisted we had poinsettias at Christmas time. Xx

Helen Gullett said...

Stunning poinsettia card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...