Friday, January 29, 2016

Loving God's Word Bible Journaling Kit

Happy Friday Sweet Friends!!

Woohoo!!  Last week Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (SNSS) announced their exciting new brand, Creative Worship Bible journaling stamps! 

Creative Worship stamps were designed with Bible Journaling in mind, but they can be used for card making, scrapbooking and so much more!

Today we are celebrating the new release of the very first Creative Worship Bible Journaling Kit-  Loving God’s Word Bible Journaling Kit with a fun blog hop and the kit is available until February 11th or while supplies last for $30.95 (plus s/h)!


The Loving God’s Word Bible Journaling Kit includes two brand new stamp sets- His Word and Decorative Banners designed by Krista Hamrick along with a fun bookmark designed by Rebecca Rios as well as some die cut hearts, baker’s twine and a heart doily.   
This kit is a great way to get started on your Bible Art Journaling journey or a wonderful addition to your Bible Art Journaling supplies.  

After February 11th, the stamp sets will be available to be purchased separately at their regular price - His Word $19.95 and Decorative Banners $11.95 - so you can save money on the set plus receive some of the fun extras that are in the kit :-)

His Word
Decorative Banners
Some of you may be like me and are new to Bible Art Journaling :-)  I have found that Bible Art Journaling is a great way to express worship through the study God's Word.  I love focusing on the Scripture as I create plus it helps me memorize verses as well- an added bonus :-)

For this blog hop, I decided to create a card along with a Bible Journaling panel that could be used as a bookmark or as a “tip in”.  

I understand that a “tip-in” is just something that you create outside of your Bible (such as this project) and you can attach it to your Bible using Washi Tape or other adhesives.  Since my “official” Journaling Bible is on pre-order from Amazon and is not expected to ship until March (the Inspire NLT Bible), I decided to stamp on cardstock to create my Bible Art Journaling page. 

For this bookmark/tip-in, I used the new Loving God’s Word Bible Journaling Kit stamps, His Word and Decorative Banners along with a few stamps from Message of Hope (a previous SNSS release).  

OK, now I am going to share a secret and please do not faint- lol! but I decided to carefully cut some of the words apart on both sets to make them more versatile :-)

Yes, I did it and the stamps did not scream at me!! :-)  Cutting them apart apparently does not hurt your photopolymer stamps :-) and you can always re-position the original words back together for stamping later (as I did in the card).

From the His Word set I cut apart “Your” from the “Lord, I long to hear “Your” Voice stamp, “of” from “Word of Life” and “Teach Me” (but the latter, I did not use on this bookmark).
From the Message of Hope set, I cut the word “Righteous” from “Righteousness” (used on this bookmark), “With” from “Without”, “Faith” from “Faithful” (well, you are getting the idea- right?)...

I have several clear blocks  and used a larger one (5” x 3 ¼”) for the layout of the first part of the bookmark and two smaller blocks for the second half. 

I choose the words to create the verse along with positioning banners for some of the hand lettered words, placed them onto the cardstock and pressed the block over the words to keep them in the position for stamping.

I did trim it down a bit on the sides after taking this photo :-)
I stamped the images onto Whisper White cardstock (although they could be stamped directly into the margins of your Bible) using Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Faber-Castell® Polychromos pencils (any coloring medium would work).

The lettering in the banners I did by hand as well as the Scripture Verse reference using a Pigma Micron™ pen and created shadows with a black colored pencil.

The second project was a quick and easy card using watercolor paper, Brusho® Colour Crystals and stamps from His Book along with two sets from throwback releases- Nature Silhouettes and Grunge Elements.   

I also decided to use the Splitcoaststampers’ SC576 Sketch Challenge for my layout (Splitcoaststampers (SCS) has a wonderful gallery of over 575 sketches that you can use for your layouts- check the master gallery out here).

Spritz water onto a piece of watercolor paper and shake a few of the Brusho® Colour Crystals onto the wet paper (I used Yellow, Purple and Turquoise).  Allow the Brusho® Colour Crystals to spread and merge – it is amazing to watch how they react to water and dry with a Heat Tool.

Ink the sentiment from His Book using Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink and stamp onto the watercolor panel.

Ink the floral images from Nature Silhouettes using Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink, stamp off onto scrap paper before stamping onto the panel and then add a few images without stamping off.

Nature Silhouettes
Ink the bird image from Nature Silhouettes using Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink and stamp onto the panel in the upper corner, trim the panel and mount onto a piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock, trim again and mount onto Elegant Eggplant cardstock.


Grunge Elements
Ink the Grunge Elements splatter stamp with Tempting Turquoise and stamp a bit onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock, trim the panel add the strips of Elegant Eggplant cardstock and mount onto the Elegant Eggplant card base.

Add the focal image panel to the card front using dimensional foam and the card is finished!

I hope you’ve enjoyed these two projects and that you will take the time to check out the rest of the SNSS Design Team projects on the blog hop!!


Inspiration galore and I cannot wait to see what you create with the new Loving God's Word Bible Journaling Kit!   Share your Bible Journaling creations with us on the Creative Worship Bible Journaling Facebook Page (just click on join and Korin will add you) - you do not have to use SNSS stamps to participate but, of course, we love it when you do!! 

You can also find us on Instagram (@sweetnsassystamps) and our Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Facebook page :-)

Thanks again for visiting- have a blessed weekend, my friends!

7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Julie this is great! I have been looking for some better stamps for Bible Journaling - I may have to get this set. I love what you did with the set! Wonderful stuff. Hugz

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful bookmark and card Julie. Love the verse you were able to stamp out! Amazing how versatile those sets are... great tip about cutting the stamp apart... The background is lovely on the card.

stampingbowd said...

Julie, you knocked it out of the park with these fabulous projects!!! Just plain gorgeous!

Betty said...

Love them both!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful projects and the great tip! I'm going to cut some stamps!!

Sue D said...

Wonderful projects with these new stamps.

Cathymac said...

Love how you pieced all the words together on your tip-in, Julie. I have to tell you, I just got brave enough to cut apart one of my stamps…so much easier that using my stamp positioner! Your card is gorgeous…love the bright colors. You are such an inspiration!

Nanette said...

Both projects are great but I especially love the card...TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...