Saturday, July 26, 2014

Serve the Lord- Two Challenges in One!

Hi Stampers! 

I had a chance to work in my craft room today and wanted to create a card using The Card Concept #15 Color Challenge along with the Our Daily Bread Designs ODBDSLC210 Sponging or Stenciling.   For the Card Concept, you have to choose the style and I think this card could be classified as Clean and Layered or Elegant.

I hope you will find the time to visit the both sites to see the gorgeous Design Team cards as well as a fabulous galleries of entries!

To create this card:
Using a Sponge Dauber with Coastal Cabana Classic Ink along with the Honeycomb stencil, gently sponge the ink in a diagonal pattern onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock.

Stamp the sentiment using Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink over the stenciled area.

Stamp the floral image and crochet trim onto Whisper White cardstock.  Color the flowers using Stampin’ Blendabilities™ Coastal Cabana and Old Olive Collections,   Use a Stampin’ Write Sahara Sand marker to create a few shadows and Frost White Shimmer Paint for the background.

Hand cut around the lace edge of the floral image and use the Big Shot™ with the Crocheted Border Die.

Adhere the lace border onto the front of the card and add the 5/8” Basic Black Satin ribbon strip.

Mount onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock, trim and mount onto a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock, trim and mount onto the Basic Black card base.

Add the floral image using Stampin’ Dimensionals® to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: Serve the Lord (Our Daily Bread Designs)

Ink: Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink, Coastal Cabana, Stampin’ Blendabilities™ Coastal Cabana and Old Olive Collections,  Stampin’ Write Sahara Sand marker

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Coastal Cabana

Accessories: Big Shot™, Crocheted Border Die (ODBD) Stencil, 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Frost White Shimmer Paint


Thanks again for stopping by- I will be sharing a few more cards shortly :-)  Have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, your flower leaps off the card! Beautifully colored and in my favorite - blue! I love your stenciling and the gorgeous layout! And I also love the matching crocheted border die!! Beautiful card, Julie!! So glad you've joined us once again this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! It's always a treat to see your work! Hugs, my friend!

CherylQuilts said...

And, Julie, I forgot to tell you how much I love this Scripture verse!! Your gorgeous flower, beautiful colors, and stenciling all distracted me, but they all serve to showcase your verse!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Julie, this is stunning!! I so love your poppies in the crocheted circle, your colors and the stenciling!! GORGEOUS!! Thanks for joining us for the Shining the Light challenge at ODBD!! I so enjoy seeing your creations!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I am going with elegant, Julie, very elegant! Gorgeous card all around- I just love that lacy circle. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful artwork Julie! Love the color combo, the stencil, design and esp the scripture you chose! It's absolutely gorgeous! Thanks Julie for creating with us at ODBD!

Alshandra said...

Congratulations on being this week's Shining the Light winner on the Our Daily Bread Designs blog for the challenge sponging or stencils! Your card is beautiful and I love the colours! Thanks so much for joining us and hope you can join us in this week's sketch challenge. Elizabeth

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous! I love the color and the background...it blends in so well with the beautiful flower image!

Dorothy S said...

Congratulations on your win - this is gorgeous - I like the stamping with the stencil. I am going to try this...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...