Thursday, February 28, 2013

Feb13 Christmas- Card #3- Clean and Simple "Hybrid"



Hi again, Stampers!!

Here is my third design for the February 2013 Splitcoaststampers CCC13 Christmas Card Challenge- I will complete the entire set later this evening but wanted to post before February was officially over but I had a bit of an issue with my computer so I am a few minutes late :-)  

As I mentioned in a previous post, this challenge is basically a commitment to yourself to complete your Christmas cards early (so you can mail them in November).  Last year, I did not have enough cards to mail, so I am re-committing myself in order to be able to start to mail in late November this year and I will need over 200 cards!

This is another Clean and Simple (CAS) card and although I have the stamp sets, I decided to utilize My Digital Studio (MDS) to print the images and create a “hybrid” card.

To create this card:

Using MDS, insert the stamp brush images and arrange the layout to fit onto one page and print onto a piece of 8.5” x 11” Whisper White cardstock. 

 Use Stampin’ Write Markers in Baja Breeze, Pretty In Pink and Lucky Limeade to color in the image and take an Aqua Painter to soften the colors.

Use the Big Shot™ with the Oval Framelits™ to cut out the images of the little girl and cut another oval the same size out of Basic Gray cardstock to layer behind the image (cut this oval in half to just peek out on the sides).

Close-up of Shimmer Paint
Also with the Big Shot™ and the Holiday Frame Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, emboss a piece of Whisper White cardstock for the background.  Use the Aqua Painter with a little bit of Frost White Shimmer Paint to brush over the raised image of the embossing.

Finished set of cards- yea!
Adhere the focal image along with the sentiment (also layered onto Basic Gray and using the 1” Square Punch to create the banner points) and layer the entire panel onto Basic Gray cardstock before mounting onto the Whisper White card base.

Another quick and easy card- I promise I will finish the other five cards :-)

Stamp Sets:  Greeting Card Kids, Come to Bethlehem (both MDS)

Ink: Stampin’ Write Markers- Baja Breeze, Pretty In Pink, Lucky Limeade  

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray


Accessories:  Big Shot™,  Holiday Frame Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Oval Framelits™, Aqua Painter, Frost White Shimmer Paint

Thanks again for stopping by- I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

2 comments:

2amscrapper said...

May I case this card? My fave SU image and I have that embossing folder. Love this card!

Julie Gearinger said...

Thanks for your sweet comment and of course you may CASE this card- I would be honored!!

Thanks again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...