Monday, November 26, 2012

Chickadee Christmas- "Hybrid" Clean and Simple


Hi Stampers!   

In January, I decided to sign up for the CCC12Splitcoaststampers Christmas CardChallenge and create at least 20 cards per month- unfortunately due to my unforeseen overtime work schedule and a few unexpected Design Team assignments, I am woefully behind on my commitment :-(

While enjoying an extra day off during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, I decided to take a day to create a set of Christmas cards for the CCC12 Challenge using the Splitcoaststampers WT402Challenge- Black and White with a “pop” of color.

One way I have found that is successful in creating a batch of cards is to utilize My Digital Studio (MDS) to create the images and then use dry embossing, ribbon and other techniques to create a “hybrid” card.  I love the crisp and detailed image of the bird with MDS :-)  

 Just a reminder- if you have not tried MDS yet, now is a great time since it is half price through November 28th (check out the Online Extravaganza Sale thru my Online Store).

Smaller circle image 
I used MDS to print out the chickadee image from Beautiful Season (in several sizes to fill the entire piece of 8.5 x 11 cardstock), the sentiment from More Merry Messages and a few sentiments from Christmas Lodge onto Whisper White cardstock.  

FYI- All of these sets were additional downloads that I purchased after the initial investment in MDS but the digital version of the stamp sets are so economical that I like to purchase the actual stamp and the digital as well to supplement my “inventory” - a girl cannot have too many stamps! :-)

Some of the cards I used a Circle Punch to cut out the chickadee image and others I used an oval Sizzix Framelit™ or just cut a rectangle with the paper cutter around the image.  Add the "pop" of color on the berries using a Real Red Stampin’ Write marker.

Easy Rectangle Image 
Layer the focal image onto a Whisper White or Basic Black card front (Whisper Whitee embossed with the Petals-A-Plenty and Basic Black with the Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder).  

Punch banner corners on some of the sentiment pieces (using the corner of a 1” Square Punch) and layer onto Basic Black or Real Red.  Adhere at an angle either at the top or bottom of the focal image. On one of the sentiment banners I used the Circle Punch to round the corners versus the banner points :-)

Add the 5/8” Real Red Satin Ribbon bow, adhere to a Whisper White card base and you are finished!
   
Version with the Lacy Brocade Basic Black card front 
Stamp Sets:  My Digital Studio- Beautiful Season, More Merry Messages, Christmas Lodge

 Ink: Printer Ink- Black , Stampin’ 

Write Marker- Real Red

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Petals-A-Plenty and Lacy BrocadeTextured Impressions™ Embossing Folders, Oval Framelits™, 2" and 2 1/2' Circle Punches (or use the Circle Cutter),  5/8” Real Red Satin Ribbon (retired)
Thanks for visiting!  Have a wonderful week and hopefully, I will be sharing more Christmas cards shortly (time is running out! :-))

3 comments:

Vikki Jo said...

Gorgeous! I really need to use MDS for cards more often! Love your bows....way out of my league!

Unknown said...

Is this stamp still available?

Julie Gearinger said...

No, sorry- all the images are from retired Stampin' Up! sets. The chickadee image is from a retired Stampin' Up! set is from Beautiful Season, the first sentiment is from More Merry Messages and the second one from Christmas Lodge.

This card was actually designed with digital images from those stamp sets from the retired My Digital Studio software program from Stampin' Up!. You may be able to obtain the images from stamp sets for resale.

Thanks for the inquiry and visiting my blog. I hope you have a blessed week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...