Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sending Love and Sympathy for the Loss of a Great Uncle


Hi Stampers!

I am so thankful that I had a chance to stamp another card this week but am saddened for the reason.  One of my uncles (my father’s oldest brother) lost his battle with cancer and left behind his wife of over 60 years (as well as six adult children and many, many grandchildren and great grandchildren).  He was a wonderful man, a terrific uncle and will be missed terribly by all who had the privilege to know and love him.

I wanted to create a new card to send to my aunt and I decided to try this week’s challenging CQC142 ColourQ colors.  While I have many sympathy cards “in stock”, when the person I am creating the card for is a close friend or family member, I prefer to pray for them and think about them as I design the card.  Unfortunately my aunt lives so far away that I do not get to see her that often (in fact it has probably been five years or so since we have seen one another).  I hope that this card will bring some comfort to her and let her know that I care.

To create this card:

Stamp the floral image using Island Indigo onto Crushed Curry (I know, this is a retired cardstock but it was one of the colors for this week and I have a ton of it in stock since I took advantage of the clearance pricing :-)).  Carefully cut out the flowers and set aside.

Use the Big Shot™ with the Apothecary Accents Framelits™ and cut a piece of Soft sky cardstock (another retired color).  Stamp the swirl image from Creative Elements using Island Indigo and using the new Piercing Mat with the Piercing Tool, piece holes around the edge.  Draw a line between the holes to mimic stitching with the Island Indigo Stampin’ Write marker.

While you have the Apothecary Accents Framelits™ out, cut a piece from Cameo Coral and Island Indigo for the sentiment.  Color the stamp using the Cameo Coral and Island Indgio Stampin' Write markers and punch out with the Extra Large Oval Punch.  Layer with the Adorning Apothecary layers (trimming and cutting the Cameo Coral in half to layer). 

Also emboss a piece of Whisper White with the new Fancy Fan Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder.

Stamp the butterfly with Island Indigo onto Cameo Coral (retired as well) cardstock and punch out using the new Elegant Butterfly Punch. 

Add the sentiment layer, pearls and satin ribbon to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Creative Elements, Papillon Potpourri,  Love and Sympathy

Ink: Island Indigo, Stampin’ Write Markers- Island Indigo and Cameo Coral (retired)

Paper: Whisper White, Island Indigo, retired colors- Soft Sky, Cameo Coral and Crushed Curry

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Fancy Fan Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Apothecary Accents Framelit™ Dies, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Paper-Piercing Mat, Paper-Piercing Tool, Extra Large Oval Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Pearls, Satin Ribbon (from my stash)

Do you like my take on this retro color combination using new products?  If you have the time, let me know what you think:-))  

Thanks again for stopping by to visit- I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and I find some time to "de-stress" with stamping- God Bless!  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just GORGEOUS, Julie, I love the undulating feeling to those perfectly stamped and cut flowers! Thanks so much for playing at the ColourQ this week! :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Julie, sorry about your uncle! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

Anonymous said...

I love this card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...