Saturday, July 23, 2011

Thanks for Blessing My Life


Hi Stampers! 
I have finally had a chance to stamp a card!  My husband and I took a “stay-cation” (stay at home/area vacation) last week and I took a hiatus from stamping for a few days.  We had a wonderful time at Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park (saw a total of six bears in the course of two days- two of the bears were cubs:-).  We love the serenity of the park, the amazing vistas and of course, the wildlife.
I wanted to create a card using some of the new In-Colors so I decided to incorporate a few of the Splitcoast Stampers Challenges (CC332 and CCREW0711DF) along with this week's SSC213 Sketch Challenge from Stamping 411



 

To create this card:

Using a brayer, apply Chocolate Chip ink onto the smooth side of the Vintage Wallpaper EF and emboss a piece of Pool Party cardstock with the Big Shot.  Lightly spray with Champagne Shimmer Mist Paint and mount onto Whisper White.  

Ink the floral image from Summer Solstice with Versamark and again into Chocolate Chip ink and stamp onto a piece of Pool Party cardstock- heat emboss with Clear EP.  Apply the Versamark/Chocolate Chip ink combination again with the leaf image and stamp onto Wild Wasabi (three images needed). Carefully cut out the images around the embossing and set aside to assemble later. 

Apply Chocolate Chip ink to the En Francais background stamp, stamp onto a piece of cardstock (your choice of color- you can use this piece for a future project) and stamp again onto Pool Party cardstock (the ink will be lighter and not compete with the sentiment).  Sponge the edges and the center area lightly to distress.  

Stamp the sentiment with Chocolate Chip ink and stamp the butterfly from Summer Solstice with Pool Party ink over the sentiment.  Punch out the sentiment using the Large Oval Punch and use the Color Spritzer Tool with the Chocolate Chip marker.  Adhere onto a piece of Chocolate Chip punched with the Decorative Label Punch (one from my scraps already embossed with the Square Lattice EF).

Layer the sentiment and the flower/leaves over a piece of Whisper White (I ran the WW through the Crimper Tool and sponged lightly with Chocolate Chip).  Layer two strips of Wild Wasabi (again pieces from my scraps already embossed with the Square Lattice EF) and the final layer is a piece of Chocolate Chip punched with the Lace Ribbon Border Punch.  I cut this layer in two through the center and adhered a half on each end of the panel.

Mount the entire panel onto the embossed Pool Party background and mount the card front onto Chocolate Chip.  Add the pearl to the center of the flower to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Summer Solstice, En Francais, Herb Expressions
Ink:  Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Pool Party, SU! Marker- Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Pool Party, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi
Accessories:  Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Square Lattice EF, Decorative Label Punch, Large Oval Punch, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint Spray, Sponge Dauber, Color Spritzer Tool, Pearl 

Thanks again for stopping by and blessing my life with you! I hope all of you have a great week stamping!

4 comments:

Diane Vander Galien said...

Love this card. Love your background. The colors are so pretty together. TFS First time at your blog and put it in my favorites. Beautiful work!!!! TFS

Holly said...

Very pretty card. I love it!

At Paula's Place said...

When I look over the cards that have been entered for the challenge I try not to look at names and I just pick out what I really like. Whenever you enter a card I always choose yours as one of my favorites. You do really great work. Love the wallpaper embossing and the choc chip, and that stamp set is really nice. tfs.

Selene Kempton said...

I love the sentiment! This is so beautiful! I was just saying to someone, how my life is blessed just by having so many stampers in it.. This is great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...