Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Christmas in March?

Hi Stampers! 
This is the first card for my 2011 Christmas card collection (I signed up for the Splitcoast Stampers Christmas Card Challenge this year - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/christmas-cards-f47/ccc11-january-thread-t514091.html).  The goal is to create 10 cards each month so by November you will have created 110 cards  (then you can concentrate on mailing the cards, baking cookies and other fun Christmas activities and not the stress of making all of your cards at once)!  Here it is March and I have just finished my January and February.  We will see how I progress…
This card was created using My Digital Studio- I know, I have not forsaken stamping but it is so easy to resize the images and also, in this case, “mirror” the image (the cardinal is facing toward the right versus the left).  And when you are making multiples, need I say more??   If you haved not invested yet, now would be a good time with Sale-Bration:-)
After I colored the image with SU! Markers in Cherry Cobbler, Real Red and Wild Wasabi, I distressed it with Sponge Daubers using Crumb Cake and Early Espresso ink.     After the distressing, I used the Color Spritzer Tool with the Crumb Cake marker and then sprayed the image with Frost White Shimmer Paint spray.  I touched up the eye and the top of the berries with the White Gel Pen (did not photograph well). 
The Very Vanilla piece was embossed using the Big Shot with the Square Lattice EF. lightly sponged with Early Espresso ink and the center patterned piece is a scrap of fabric that a friend of mine had discarded- of course, I had to rescue it and I have enough for the 10 cards! 
The Cherry Cobbler embossed and punched panel was from my stash (already spritzed and embossed) and the sentiment is also from MDS (used the Medium Oval and Modern Label punch).  Of course, had to add the pearls to finish off the card. 
I hope you like this card- I will be posting February shortly and will have to start on March.

Thanks again for looking-I hope each of you have a wonderful  week!  Don’t forget, Christmas is right around the corner (Oh no!  I did not just say that, did I? :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...